Welcome    
line decor
                                  About US |                  Exam/Result |                  Tenders |                    RTI |                     RTSA |                   New Laws |                   Census 2011  
line decor




 
Welcome to Ramgarh

Gadh Bandh

It is situated in the north of Ramgarh on the bank of the river Damodar. It was build in the year 1670 when the capital of Ramgarh was transferred from Babam and was fatu on called Garh by the local people. The pond adjacent to the fort known as Bandh was primarily meant for catering to the needs of the Royal family of Ramgarh and due to this reason this place was adduced with the nomenclature of Garh Bandh. It is an historical monument which has witnessed the Raiyati War wage waged under the leadership of Mukund Singh the freedom fighter and king of Ramgarh against the British. Now the fort has collapsed and turned into a mould. The lion gate of the fort still exits in a wretched condition near the Rameshwar temple of Ramgarh.
 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEWS & EVENTS

 
 
  Disaster Management
 
  DBT
  Lead Bank
  Photo Gallery
  Tourism
   

Disclaimer | Term of Use | Privacy Policy | Hyperlink Policy | Copyright Policy
 
Site Designed and Developed by National Informatics Centre
Department of Information Technology , Ministry of Communication & Information Technology
District Centre, Ramgarh. Ph: , Email: jhrram@nic.in
 
All the Contents provided by the District Administration
Best Viewed at resolution 1024x768 & IE 4.0 or above.